Sunday, March 17, 2013

I can't let go of you or the pain.  I hold on to each hurt to remind me that you once graced my life.
 When my heart breaks and bleeds I remember how much you mean to me and how much I love you. 

Do you think of me wherever you are?  Do you remember how with love I would speak your name, and how we nuzzled our faces against each other just to be close?  I hurt myself everyday so I will never forget.

Today I pet other dogs and thought of you.  They were happy and gave me kisses like you used to do. I am ashamed of myself that they made me smile.

Please let the tears keep flowing.  Please let me keep hurting.  I won't abandon you by being happy.  I will protect each small and large ache and not let anyone talk me out of it.

Since you let go, I'll let go, too.  I don't have far to go now to be gone completely. 

I love you, I love you, I love you.

No comments: